Hólar University College puts great emphasis on cooperating with other universities and research centres. Active quality collaboration is invaluable in regard to teaching and research, as well as resulting in more effectiveness in running the institution and increasing the scope of courses available to our students.
Holar University College is an active member of the Liaison of Public Universities in Iceland. Appart from various administrative and technical advantages, this includes opportunities for guest or visiting studies and some joint degrees of study.
Every second year a group of students from the UNU's Fisheries Training Programme will pursue some of their studies at HUC's department of aquaculture and aquatic biology.
All the public universities in Iceland paritcipate in a joint exhange agreement with the University of Guelph in Canada.
Hólar University College takes an increasingly active part in EU's programmes for education and training, through the Erasmus and Leonardo initiatives. This includes opportunities for staff and students, incoming or outgoing.
The aims of Holar University college under the Erasmus programme are as follows:
1. To improve the mobility options of our staff and students, to undertake studies in Europe.
2. To increase HUC staff‘s opportunities to participate in staff exchange programmes.
3. To further attract foreign students to our courses.
4. To be able to welcome partner institutions employees on staff exchange programmes.
5. To continue to evaluate all studies using ECTS units, thus keeping them transferrable.
6. To ensure flexibility for staff and students, thus enabling them to participate in exchange programmes.
7. To establish new and to strengthen pre-existing ties with other universities in Europe, through the exchange of information and experience.
Erasmus Charter 2014 - 2020
Presently, active mutual contracts under the Erasmus charter are with the following institutions:
Dept. of aquaculture and aquatic biology
Dept. of tourism
Specific courses/modules are offered in English, available to our incoming exchange students.
Holar University College's general prospectus can be accessed in English, here
All enquiries may be addressed to the division of academic affairs.